Sweets by the Creek
Effective and Last Updated January 5, 2022
1. Information Collected
We collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
• Voluntary Information for Services and Features
We [also] collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, including: i) making purchases, ii) consenting to receive email or text messages about upcoming promotions or events, iii) consenting to receive email, iv) participating in our forum, iv) commenting on articles, and others. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your shopping preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our other users in the future.
You may choose to invite friends to join the Sweets by the Creek by sending invitation emails via our invite feature. Sweets by the Creek stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be added to your social network, confirm orders/purchases and also to send reminders of the invitations. Sweets by the Creek does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact Sweets by the Creek to request removal of their information from our database.
3. How We Use Your Information
Sweets by the Creek only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. Sweets by the Creek will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of Sweets by the Creek unless required to do so by law.
Further, Sweets by the Creek reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected. Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
Sweets by the Creek may use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc. We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site.
We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders. Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates. We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
4. How We Protect Your Information We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
6. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information and your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to email@example.com.
7. Email Choice/Opt-out If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, [he or she] can do so by following the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
8. Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.